[b]I am curious to know what an engaged couple have in mind when looking for a wedding photographer and I hope any replies to this question are useful to both couples looking for a photographer and also to wedding photographers. [/b]
Some questions that may be on the mind of engaged couples are .....
1. Are we going to be influenced by recommendations or referrals from other couples ?
2. Should we look for a photographer based near the wedding Venue location or should we look further afield and go by the work already produced by photographers at different venues ?
3. Do we need to be able to have a good friendly relationship with our photographer so that he or she by knowing us can better capture the mood and emotions of our wedding day ?
4. Do we want to use a photographer that works to a set formula of their own on the day, or one that takes our ideas and visions into consideration in order to give us the wedding photography that we really desire ?
5. Does the cheapest photographer necessarily mean the best value, or does the more expensive photographer mean overpriced ?
6. Is the Wedding Photography that we really desire as important or more important than the price quoted ?
7.Is a particular photographer reliable both before, during and after a wedding ?
8. Will he or she turn up on time and properly prepared with back-up equipment in the form of spare cameras, lenses and lighting ?
9. Will our photographer take over the day and spoil the smooth flow of events by interrupting our plans or by keeping us away from our guests for too long taking photographs ?
10. Will our photographer blend into the background and take those candid photographs of things during the day that we did not even notice but which will delight us afterwards ?
11. Does our photographer offer us choices as to different packages and or different styles of wedding albums ?
12.Will our photographer have proofs ready for us to view within a reasonable time period ?
13. When we have chosen the photographs for our wedding album will we be waiting months for the finished album or will the photographer have our wedding album ready for us in weeks rather than months ?
14. Does our photographer offer any extra services such as airbrushing or re-touching if necessary and do they charge extra for these services ?
15. Is our photographer properly insured with public liability and professional indemnity insurance cover ?
16. Does our photographer offer us the security and protection of a written contract ?
17. If we are getting our photographs on a disc or USB stick will the photographs be in high resolution and without watermarks ?
18. Does our photographer store backup copies of our photographs securely in case we ever need them and if so for how long ?
19. Will our photographer offer us the facility of a private password protected online gallery so that friends and family can view our photos ?
20. Will our photographer offer us the option of ordering framed prints or canvasses at any time after our wedding ?
My name is David McLean and I am a wedding and portrait photographer based in Meath but working nationwide, I offer a friendly, reliable, unobtrusive, reasonably priced service.
I specialise in capturing the atmosphere, the emotions and the craic at a wedding so that my photographs really tell the story of your special day.
I aim to supply fully edited proofs to couples within 4 weeks maximum of their wedding and a finished wedding album within a further 4 weeks after the couple approve the album layout.
You can view my work in the various galleries and slideshows and details of my pricing and services on my website www.dmcphotography.ie
I hope that any replies to this blog will prove useful to both couples so that they can plan for and expect excellent service and also to wedding photographers so that we can live up to the expectations that the couples have a right to expect.
So come on then .... Put down your thoughts, ideas and expectations !!!!!